Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Reading Challenge Part 2

I want to keep up this momentum! I really loved having a reading goal last year BUT I also felt like I needed to pick quick reads and books that wouldn't really challenge me or take time because I was trying to read SO many books. This year I wanted to take the opposite approach. I've chosen to read classics, books that are always on the "must read before you die" lists. Books that are talked about in literary circles and books that I feel like EVERYONE else has read but me. These books also happen to be books I've been putting off forever. For this reason, I gave myself one book per month. 12 classics to get through for the year. I won't go in any order, I'll just choose what I feel like for that month. Here is the list:

  1. To Kill A Mockingbird
  2. Anne of Green Gables
  3. Little Women
  4. Harry Potter
  5. The Stand
  6. The Poisonwood Bible
  7. Kite Runner
  8. 1984
  9. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  10. The Book Thief
  11. The Diary of Anne Frank
  12. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Many might think this is an easy list or challenge. For them, it might be! My comfort in reading really lies in a story that is gripping and pulls you through and often involves romance. Some of these might be that! I have no idea. But I think most of them will be a challenge for me. I know for at least 6 of them (half!) I've already tried reading them and couldn't finish. So, yes... this will be hard for me.

I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...